Required paper work
- thesis/dissertation proposal form which can be downloaded from http://www.acad.sc.chula.ac.th/Bandit.html
- examination committee schedule form
- proposal addendum (for additional research elaboration) not to exceed 6 or 10 pages for MS and PhD, respectively
time table for prospectus examination
The maximum time limit to take the prospectus examination is 4 semesters for all MS and PhD students, respectively, starting from the first day of admission. This does not include any approved study leaves.
last day to submit the thesis/dissertation prospectus to take effect immediately upon approval
fall semester before August 15
spring semester before January 31 for non-scholastic students, or
before December 30 for scholastic students
steps in thesis/dissertation prospectus examination
- consult the academic advisor for the research content.
- set up an examination committee. The committee must consist of
- 3-5 members for MS student, and 5-7 members for PhD student;
- each committee member must meet the Graduate School academic qualifications guideline and be appointed accordingly, i.e., either holding a PhD degree or at least an associate professorship;
- there must be at least 1 exterior examiner, other than Chulalongkorn University faculty members (or interior examiners); and
- the principal advisor and other co-advisors are considered as one member.
- the administrative secretary will send an informatory examination letter to each committee member within 3-5 days after all relevant documents are submitted. The student must deliver the prospectus and informatory examination letter to all interior examiners in person within 2 weeks prior to the scheduled examination. On the other hand, the student only delivers the prospectus to the exterior examiner. The informatory examination letter will be issued and signed by the Department Chair and sent via postal mail, one copy to the exterior examiner and the other to his/her affiliation.
- the administrative secretary will reserve a room for the prospectus examination.
- carry out the actual examination.
- the student must correct the prospectus according to what is recommended by the examination committee.
- submit the corrected prospectus to the administrative secretary for general format check via email.
- submit the corrected prospectus to the advisor(s) for research content check in strict compliance to the recommendations of the examination committee. The final version of the prospectus must be signed by the academic program secretary and the program director. Gather all signed documents and submit to the administrative secretary for approval by the Program Committee and the Faculty Academic Affair.