Double-Degree Master’s Program in Computational Science with Kanazawa University
Double-Degree Master’s Program in Computational Science with Kanazawa University, Japan (2012-Present)
MOU – Agreement
Application (schedule, documents): See guideline DDP 2017 (PDF)
- Application Form and important dates
- CU interview
- KU oral exam (interview through Skype with KU Professors)
- Confirm of enrollment
Tuition fee and scholarship (CU/KU)
- Tuition fee and regulation
- CU tuition fee scholarship
- KU partial support scholarship
Study time (Semesters at CU and KU)
- First year (Semesters 1 and 2) at Chulalongkorn University.
- Second year (Semesters 1 and 2) at Kanazawa University.
- Third Year (Semester 1) at Chulalongkorn University.
Transfer credits (course work, distance learning)
- CU course work (24+18): 6 credits can be transferred from KU as 2 elective courses + 9 thesis credits as distance learning
- Document of credits from KU (transcript + letter) are required for transfering the credits
- Students register as CU regular students every semester.
Research/Thesis (KU topics, KU Professors)
- CU and KU thesis are different (2 topic/2 thesis)
- CU/KU provide document to confirm the different of thesis
Degree Completion (regulation)
- Complete all requirements of both CU and KU.
- Documents of expected of graduation is required from CU to KU.
Student study plan for CU students
Time at CU + course work
Semester 1: (Aug-Dec)
Course work: 2301520, 2301611, 2301xxx, 2301xxx, 2301xxx
Semester 2: (Jan-May)
Course work: 2301624, 2301xxx; Thesis work 6 credit
Time at KU + course work
Semester 1: (Sep-Mar) 4-6 course works
Semester 2: (Apr-Aug) 4-6 course works
Thesis work, seminar, distant learning
Seminar: 2301771, 2301772
Thesis credits:(<= 9 credits)
Progressive Seminar: Aug/Jan